FAMOWOOD® – ORIGINAL WOOD FILLER – OAK
23 OZ (PINT)- SOLVENT BASED
FAMOWOOD® Original Wood Filler has been the choice of professional woodworkers for over 70 years! It doesn’t matter whether you are masking small or large defects, FAMOWOOD® can handle the job. It spreads smoothly into cracks and holes, takes stains and paints evenly and resists cracking. Perfect for any type of custom wood project.
FAMOWOOD® Wood Filler Solvent Substitutions
Because the Solvent Thinner has been discontinued, FAMOWOOD® recommends using the following products as a substitute:
- Lacquer Thinner - Will not cause the material to cure too quickly.
- MEK or Toluene - Recommend MEK or Toluene before acetone because it will not evaporate as quickly as acetone.
- Acetone - This works well however it will cause the material to cure very quickly.
- Mineral Spirits - Will cause material to take longer to dry.
- Paint Thinner - Use as a last suggestion because the composition varies depending on manufacturer. Test it on a small portion before thinning the entire can. Will probably make the putty take longer to dry.
- Xylene - Use as a last suggestion. Only if you do not have any of the above options.
- 23 oz. (Pint) Solvent Base
Wood Filler Solvent Based
- 23 oz – Pint
- Oak - Solvent base
- Dries in 15 minutes
- Won’t crack or shrink
- Can be sanded, drilled or planed
- Stainable and paintable
- Interior/exterior use