1/4 Pint FW Ash, Filler, Solvent Base 1/4 PintWeight: 1 PC
Ash Wood Filler
Solvent Based 1/4 Pint
FAMOWOOD® Solvent-Based Wood Fillers are the best wood fillers for any type of wood.
Both professional and novice woodworkers find the handling properties of FAMOWOOD® superior to other wood fillers. The use of wood flour allows FAMOWOOD® to be stained, sawed, drilled, sanded, planed and nailed like real wood. FAMOWOOD® shows no noticeable signs of shrinking, cracking or crumbling and can be used indoors or outdoors. Customers can also rely on smooth spreading and even filling of any hole or crack.
- Easy application: No mixing required. FAMOWOOD® spreads smoothly and evenly into large holes, cracks and defects in unfinished wood.
- Fast dry time: FAMOWOOD® dries in 15 minutes. Once dry, it acts just like real wood and is ready to sand, saw, stain, nail, paint or plane. Can be indoors and outdoors.
- High solid content: Takes stains and paints like real wood because it's made with real wood. Saw, drill, sand, plane and nail, just like real wood.
- Minimal shrinking: Stronger than the wood it replaces with no signs of shrinkage, cracking or crumbling.
- Quality finish: Takes stains and paints evenly with minimal sanding
- Cabinetry Construction
- Flooring - fills voids or knot holes
- Furniture Making and Repair
- Wood Display Fixtures
FAMOWOOD® Wood Filler Solvent Substitutions
Because the Solvent Thinner has been discontinued, FAMOWOOD recommends to use the following products as a substitute:
- Lacquer Thinner - Will not cause the material to cure too quickly.
- MEK or Toluene - Recommend MEK or Toluene before acetone because it will not evaporate as quickly as acetone.
- Acetone - This works well however it will cause the material to cure very quickly.
- Mineral Spirits - Will cause material to take longer to dry.
- Paint Thinner - Use as a last suggestion because the composition varies depending on manufacturer. Test it on a small portion before thinning the entire can. Will probably make the putty take longer to dry.
- Xylene - Use as a last suggestion. Only if you do not have any of the above options.